Sunday, April 14, 2013

Elmo~Kid's Birthday

When my daughter Emerson turned 2 we decided to take the thing she loved most and build her party around him.  Yes him as in Elmo! :)  I was hopeful that the furry red monster could be a part of the fun without a vibe that screamed SESAME STREET!  I'm always up for a challenge and would be happy to find creative ways to incorporate whatever your little person love most for their next celebration!  The following is the original post on Emerson's 2nd Birthday.


It's no secret that Emme loves Elmo.  As her second birthday celebration approached I knew that furry little monster would be a part of the festivities!  


We had her party at one of our favorite places The Kiddie Park with lots of our favorite people.  I was so touched by my sweet little Carter who came early, focused, worked hard and helped me set everything up.  She is such a wonderful big sis...


We managed to get everything taped down just in the nick of time (it was a little windy out)...


And I was tickled pink with Emerson's Elmo cake...





Our guest started to arrive and we got the party started!











It means so much when sweet family and friends come together to celebrate your little people...

















I think birthday's are such a good reminder to take a deep breath and remember what is really important...



And for making wishes...









And for eating cake (of course)...










Birthdays are good for best friends...




Family...




(Nate swore he didn't realize his shirt matched Emme's leggings but I think he was fibbing! That guy speaks my love language...it's called color coordination!)


(and speaking of love languages my sister surprised me by taking off work so she could come...now that is my love language...as in it totally made me cry.)




Birthdays are also very good for turning two (which only happens once in a lifetime)...


A BIG thanks to everyone who celebrated with us and made this day such a happy memory!  It was one of those "Best DAY Ever" kind of days for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment